Friday, November 07, 2008

Cyclone

Cyclone
Surrounded by so many people...
Feeling abandoned and alone
Disconnected, lost, and afraid
Standing firm, feeling this cyclone

The storm rages on
And I can't grip the air
I twirl, knowing something's behind me
And it's no longer there

Things I thought were over
Keep flashing before my eyes
And things fly at me
As each watery tear dries

I feel each hit, but they go numb
Hit too many times before
I walk on, bruises showing
But I feel and care no more

Through the clouds and barriers
Hands reach out to me
But I cannot walk straight through
The debris will destroy me

I challenge fate and destiny
Stepping through that storm
With my eyes closed,
I feel accomplished and warm

As realization seizes me
I open my tired eyes
And standing there freezing, naked
The comfort quickly dies

Behind me, one wind
And I could never go back
Ahead another rages
And so I remain, trapt

Surrounded by so many people...
Feeling abandoned and alone
Disconnected, lost and afraid
Standing firm, feeling these cyclones

Waiting for the hand that grabs mine
And walks with me through these wars
Someone I can see clearly
As someone I can fight for
And someone who'll fight for me



IDOMAD, 2008

No comments: