Sunday, May 31, 2009


Faithful Struggle

I don't always go to church on Sundays

Or remember to give rather than receive;

I don't always say my prayers at bedtime


Because sometimes it's so hard to believe.




I don't always help my neighbors as I ought


And sometimes I don't do what's just;


I don't always stand up for you, Lord,


I guess sometimes it's hard to trust.




I don't always appreciate people,

Bit I'm learning a bit more everyday;


And sometimes I'm reckless or weary


Find sometimes its so hard to keep faith.




Sometimes my Bible sits on the shelf for months


And I don't always quite know how to cope;


So often I've given up on You and me


And sometimes its so hard to have hope.




Sometimes I make up excuses as to why

When I really just need to be more open,


But the one thing struggle won't let me forget


Is that I may be strong, but I am only human.




IDOMAD, 2009

No comments: