Friday, December 26, 2008

Another Poem in Life of Life

--> LIFE-->

Life is speeding down a one way road

Thunder loud and Lightning fast
Though I step on the brake,
The car exerts more gas

I listen to the radio, and dance a bit
Badly, I must admit
Though people scream as the car speeds up
I enjoy the thrill of it

I smile wide as I look ahead
As others grow silent with fear
I reach out to the passing trees
As the car draws near

Suddenly the whole world stops
As if simply put on pause
That moment of stillness,
Clarity magnifies the flaws

And in that moment people fight
As their voices and hearts explode
And so, some people decide to stay
As others decide to go

As we start again,
Some people speed on past
Some people slow way down
Afraid to go too fast

And some just take another route
Following some other yellow lines
Perhaps finding their own ways
Paying their own fines

IDOMAD, 2008

No comments: