Monday, November 02, 2009

Nature Intones

"What Nature Intones"

Lightning flashes, startling me,
Black ashes scar a willow tree,
But no crashes can make me start,
No clashes scare my brave heart.

The rain pours, washing clean,
As outdoors, the grass turns green,
And I adore, rhythmic and sane,
Tap, tap once more, on window pane.

In its sweet tones, the wind is calling,
All alone, the rain is falling.
Nature intones, the message is clear:
"For the unknown, have no fear."

Gazing outside, beyond what's clear,
My world aside, pushing away fear,
Something inside takes a turn-
Satisfied, my soul begins to burn.

Feeling bold, like the rainbow,
Inside unfolds, outside I glow,
Feeling controlled, but also set free-
Wonders behold! -This is me.

How on earth did this song start,
What great mirth did life impart?
For what it's worth, I soon find
That from birth, this was my mind.

To the unknown, I'm always drawn,
Like snakes to stones at the rising dawn.
Deep in my bones you shall find
What nature intones, is part of my mind.

IDOMAD,2009.

No comments: